The mission of the New Castle City Police Department’s Narcotics Bureau is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Detectives assigned to the Narcotics Bureau are tasked with identifying, disrupting and dismantling criminal organizations that violate controlled substance laws in the New Castle area. In addition the Narcotics Bureau investigates and arrests criminals and drug gangs who perpetrate violence in our communities and terrorize citizens through fear and intimidation.
The Narcotics Bureau is also responsible for the timely investigation of citizen complaints regarding narcotics violations.
Community members can work with the Narcotics Bureau to solve problems by providing information and requesting their assistance.
Narcotics Bureau detectives are assigned to specialty task forces, which provide both operational and investigative support to overall enforcement efforts. The New Castle City Police participates in task forces run by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
Additionally, the NCPD is a charter member of the Lawrence County District Attorney’s Drug Task Force. Officers from the Narcotics Bureau are also assigned to the Lawrence County District Attorney’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) .
You can contact the Narcotics Bureau directly at 724-656-3590.
Responsibilities of the Narcotics Bureau:
- Investigating and arresting drug dealers and buyers who engage in illegal drug transactions
- Investigating and interdicting the importation of illegal drugs into the City of New Castle
- Preparing narcotics related civil and criminal forfeiture cases involving illegal profits derived from illicit drug trafficking.
- Provide narcotics training and educational programs to community members, groups and organizations.
- Assisting prosecuting agencies and coordinating with federal, state and local agencies in preparing successful narcotics cases for court